Frequently Asked Questions
This very much depends on your project, please contact us and we will figure out the best plan for your project for free.
Step 1: Add your domain to Codengine
Firstly head over to the Domains link in the left side navigation or click here . On this new page you can import your existing Cloudflare account or create a new one, please proceed to do either. Make sure the domain you want to go to your project is added to this page by pressing the Add a new domain button that will appear on this page once you have logged in or created your Cloudflare account.
Step 2: Ensure your domain is using Cloudflare nameservers
Click on your domain name to get into the DNS page. If at the top of the DNS page of your domain you see the words "Your domain is pending on Cloudflare" you will need to update the nameservers on your domain registra that so that it uses the DNS from Cloudflare instead, If you need any help with this please contact our support team and we can do this for you for free.
Step 3: Set up DNS records for your domain
- For the first record select, Type: CNAME and NAME: @ then for the Content form add the origin domain you received in an email upon creating the site in step 3; finally on the last form ensure you select Proxy Type: CDN Optimised then hit the blue Add Domain button.
- For the second record select, Type: CNAME and NAME: www then for the Content form add the origin domain you received in an email upon creating the site in step 3; finally on the last form ensure you select Proxy Type: CDN Optimised then hit the blue Add Domain button.
- For the third record select, Type: CNAME and NAME: staging then for the Content form add the origin domain you received in an email upon creating the site in step 3; finally on the last form ensure you select Proxy Type: CDN Optimised then hit the blue Add Domain button.
Git will ask for your username and password, the password is the same as your Codengine account and the username is your Codengine email address.
Firstly please add your public SSH key to your account tab here after that SFTP will automatically deploy when you launch your first project here. Then you should see you SFTP login details on the admin dashboard here, if it has not appeared please contact our support team here.
By default the URL's may end up displaying your origin URL, to change this log into WordPress and head to the Settings tab and select General. On this new page just replace the WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL) forms with your own custom domain.
Please make sure you have activated our custom Mega-Cache plugin to handle invalidating the cache for your website, if it is already activated and you pages aren't updating, please log into WordPress and head to the Tools tab and select Mega-Cache. On this next page hit the Purge Page Cache then the Disable Object Cache buttons. If this issue persists please contact our support team here.
Yes even if you have a highly custom application that dose not work right out of the box, please contact our support team here and we will work with you to integrate you application onto Codengine for free!
Yes, please put your package.json in the root of your Git repo and NPM will build as it is being deployed
Yes, most of the filesystem is read-only to increase the security of your application, if you wish to use the filesystem you have 2 options:
- For Temporary storage you can place files in the /tmp directory.
- For Persistent storage you can place files in the /var/www/filesystem directory, and you will be able to access this via SFTP too, please be aware however this storage will count towards your disk usage of your project.
Those files are accessible to your application via the persistent storage of your application in the /var/www/filesystem directory.
It is disabled by default, however if you contact our support team here we will turn it on for you then you will be able to access it over the network by calling `py-redis` for example: http://py-redis
It is disabled by default, however if you contact our support team here Our dedicated team will work with you for free to build a custom caching solution for your python application to ensure it is as fast and optimised as it can possibly be.